The Final Act….
After spending some time outside in the sun and by the water all day on Thursday at Blå Jungfrun, I am now looking less and less Swedish and more like a tourist… due to my awkwardly placed sunburned spots. I didn’t realize how much sun I’d really gotten until I got back to the room on Thursday night and saw that my chest and a patch on my arm that was bright red from the sun.
Friday morning we had our last official class here in Oskarshman, we watched some great videos of Sir Ken Robinson. The part that resonated most with me was the bit on how young children aren’t afraid to “have a go” because they aren’t worried to be wrong, and “if your not prepared to be wrong you’ll never come up with anything original”. After our class and lunch we headed to the Forum where the cast is preparing for the opening of The Women of White Chapel. It was all hands on deck throughout the afternoon. We all took on tasks: putting together programs, setting up the t-shirt booth, taking tickets, etc. It felt good to be apart of helping put things together, and being around the cast and their upbeat energy.
Opening night went off without a hitch, and the show was absolutely fantastic! I’d been able to see bits and pieces of Act I throughout the past two weeks but Act II was a total surprise and I was blown away with the talent! High on Lovewell energy we all headed to the Pub after the show to celebrate the success. I had a blast, however was sad to know that this was one of our last nights together.
Saturday morning, we all had breakfast and then left for a private tour of the Frederiksberg mansion. Henerick, who came and spoke to our class in earlier weeks, mother runs the mansion. It was pretty cool to be the only group and have access to see things they do not usually include in the tour. The tour was full of history from this small town of Oskarshamn, and housed some original pieces dating back from the 1600’s. It also houses, one of the oldest mineral collections in the world in one of the rooms, they all still have their original documentation alongside them. We had a few hours of downtime to start packing and preparing for our departures on Sunday. Tonight (Saturday) was also the second showing of The Women of White Chapel, if it’s even possible it was better the second time around. Soon we will be heading down to the beach area where they are hosting a part for the cast, crew, families, staff, etc. to celebrate the show. We’ve been told there will be food and drinks to last all night long…. can’t wait!
It will be sad and sort of weird to leave tomorrow, I’ve settled into a routine here that feels about normal, it’s be so much fun meeting such great people and building lasting relationships. Most of us are staying the extra days in Stockholm as a buffer before we go home, more exploring more learning and more fun to be had!
xxoo
K
No comments:
Post a Comment