Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Good-bye Stockholm…



My last day here in Stockholm was a rainy one, which made it a bit sadder. Today I squeezed in all the final things on my list; first stop was the Moderna Museet. Had I listened to my trusty iPhone I would have walked about 10 feet to catch the bus, which was directly outside my hotel, however I double checked with the front desk and they assured me that my stop was upstairs near the central station… it was a nice walk at least back and forth, it was a cooler morning and the clouds were dark. Once I arrived in Skeppsholmen, another island outside of Stockholm I found my way to the Moderna Museet. Just in front of the museum was a row full of wishing trees. Passers by were encouraged to fill out their life’s wishes on this tag and use the string to tie it to the tree. <3

I absolutely loved the Modern Museum; modern art is one that speaks most to me. I love how simple with regards to the medium yet still extremely powerful and meaningful regarding the message.  It being a rainy and dark it was a perfect day to spend indoors for several hours. The rain stopped just long enough for me to find a spot outside overlooking the water to eat my lunch. Thankfully huge umbrellas covered the chairs and tables, so when the rain picked back up again I was covered and still able to eat outside. I ended my time with a quick pit stop at the gift shop, of course. I spent my last hours this afternoon and evening Gamla Stan walking around the shops and restaurants. It was still pretty rainy, so after about 2 hours of shopping my feet were pretty soggy and cold from the rain, I headed into a cute little Italian restaurant for the last supper, in Stockholm. It was a delicious meal and the hospitality was even better. Evo was my waiter, from Bulgaria. Overall this was a perfect ending to my trip, there is nothing left on my check list as far as sightseeing, I’ve meet some great lifetime friends (we already have our Swe-union/get together planned in Tampa in a few months) I was embraced and loved by the Lovewell community, cast and staff, who let us all into their world and I’ve learned so much about a new culture and even more about my self and for that I say, Tack!

Early flight in the morning back home, my Swedish Adventure is coming to a close, but certainly not my hunger for seeing the world. J

K

No comments:

Post a Comment