MADE IN SWEDEN…
All things I’ve tried/done while here in Sweden, and love!
·
Sleepy
Bulldog: Summer Pale Ale made on Gotland Island on southeast coast of Sweden.
·
Herring:
haven’t had the guts yet to try, but its on the breakfast line every morning,
maybe before I leave…. To be continued….
·
Lingonberries
Jam: LOVE!!!! A wild berry found in the Scandinavian forests, it’s a summer
season berry as it grows throughout the long days in the midnight sun. I cannot
get enough, will be shipping some home. All the preserves here are DELISH!
·
Swedish
Massage: Oh I cannot wait to experience this one! There is a really cool hotel
here in Oskarshamn where we are now, it was an old indoor pool/bath house that
they turned into a hotel but kept the diving board and some seating in the
lobby area, and they have a spa with real Swedish massages. So if I have time
while we are still here I will go there, if not there is a spa that is
recommended by my Professor back in Stockholm. Appointment coming soon!
·
Nobel
Prize: this, as you know is one of the most prestigious prizes in literature,
medicine, physics, chemistry, peace and economics. Its originator is Alfred
Nobel (he invented dynamite among many other things in the science and
engineering realm) had it in his dying wishes to create some sort of legacy,
enter the Nobel Foundation in 1900. There are some places back in The Old Town
in Stockholm city that I will visit where this prestigious prize is awarded.

Beautiful, enjoy the jam, it is yummy!!! Miss you!
ReplyDelete